Monday 27 July 2015

You & i

Hello dear,

My name is Gennady Timchenko, a Russian Businessman and head of the Volga group here in Russia. I am establishing contact with you because there is a proposal which i wish to bring to your attention, with the hope that it would interest you.

You are aware of the current crisis within Russia and Ukraine over a portion of Ukraine called Crimea which voted in referendum and has officially joined Russia. Let me no bore you with the historical and political facts and details which legitimizes the genuine desire of Crimean to be a part of Russia. The unfortunate part of this whole incident is that the West has decided to be undemocratic about this situation and has declared the whole process unofficial. The United States has frozen the assets of some Russian and Ukrainian officials and business men and unfortunately, I happen to be among those whose assets has been frozen in the United States.
As of this moment, other countries in Europe as well of Britain have limited the freeze on assets to Government officials but I am afraid that soon, they might extend that list to businessmen as well. The reason for contacting you is that I have certain assets in Europe which might be frozen if the situation gets to that point, as such I do wish to protect myself. As of this moment, my liquid funds in banks in the United States have been frozen thus rendering me financially incapacitated. The bulk of my assets is contained in Euro clear Bonds and Medium Term Notes.

Here is my proposal. I would be wanting to transfer ownership of all my financial instruments totaling 500 million Euro over to you on an Asset Management basis. The instruments would be in your name and you would manage them on my behalf. For this, i would be willing to reward you with a 10% stake. Usually, asset managers receive 7% but because of the extenuating circumstances, I am willing to offer you 10%. Kindly consider this proposal and get back to me urgently as time is really of the essence. Further details would be discussed upon your response.

No comments:

Post a Comment